The Camel Racing Organizing Committee
- Through the last four decades the CROC organized many of camel racing competitions for the under the names of honorable personalities. The most important of these races is the annual festival for the sword presented by HH Sh. Hamad Bin Khalifa Al Thani, the Emir Father as well as the annual festival for the sword presented by H.H. Sh. Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani, Emir of the State of Qatar. The opening festival every season is the founder”s (HE Sh. Jassim Bin Mohammed Al Thani) annual festival
- Under the honorable patronage of H.H. Sh. Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani, Emir of the State of Qatar, the CROC launched the first robot camel-Jockey in 2005 as a tremendous progress resulted in a significant turn in the world of this heritage sport.
- The camel racing sport in Qatar revolutionized by developing of Al Shahaniyah racetrack to be in the forefront of all the racing tracks in the GGC region and the world being the biggest racetrack equipped with the latest technology and accessible road networks that allow the sport’s lovers and followers to follow the races while remaining in their cars. Also, as an important step in the history of this authenticity and heritage sport, the CROC managed for providing the racetrack with lighting to allow organizing races in the night.
- AS a part of its efforts to co-op with the latest technology advances, the CROC entered into an agreement with iHorizons Company to implement a unique project of its kind for the first time in the region with the aim of using the information technology for developing, managing, organizing and maintaining this exciting sport in a way to enhance Qatar’s leadership in the camel racing regionally and globally. In this project the CROC launched an electronic portal as well as a set of smart mobiles applications to achieve the objectives and requirements of the committee and entries by providing them with easy –to –use applications to simplify the registration process of their camels, maintaining the camel descents and managing all related information. It also helps in improving the policies and procedures related to the camel owners from one side and to reach the maximum accuracy in the registration process from the other side.
The Camel Racing in Qatar
Along with the urban and civilization development in every domain which Qatar is witnessing, the Qatari and GCC people were and still, generation after generation, giving high attention to the camels in recognition of the of camels importance in their life as being a link to the past in which the camels were the only means of transport complying with the local environment. The camel racing sport is also considered by the Qatari and GCC people as a popular and esteemed heritage.
- Camels racing competitions started in Qatar in 1973 with the first race at Al Faraa area, 9 KM west of AL Shahaniyah with only 300 participating camels.
- The first ever camel racetrack built in Qatar was Al Rayan racetrack in 1974.
- Labrqah racetrack was opened in 1977 as the longest camel racetrack in Qatar at that time (16-km long). The numbers of participant entries, every round, were between 400 and 500 camels. Races continued to be held at this racetrack until late 1989.
- H.H The Emir Father ordered the establishment of the present camel racetrack at Al Shahaniyah where races started in 1990 for 6, 8 and 10 km races. The auditorium includes a main terrace, a veterinary clinic, modern stalls for camels, a big mosque and other facilities.
- In 1987 two cars, presented by H.E. Sh. Hamad Bin Jassim Bin Faisal Al Thani, were allocated as the first camel race awards of this kind. The first car won by Mr. Hamad Bin Salem Bin Zahra Al Marri.
- The first award presented by H.H. the Father Emir was in 1989. The first camel to win it was “Al Thahabia” owned by Mr. Rashid Bin Maqareh Al Marri.
- The major annual camel racing competitions honored by H.H. the Emir’s attendance include "The Grand Annual Festival in which participating camels from Qatar and GCC countries compete to win the Emir's Sword as well as, the best in the region, monetary and in-kind awards.
- Recently the Camel Racing Organizing Committee has scheduled an annual festival under the name of the "Founder" Sh. Jassim Bin Mohammed Al Thani which is held every year in December, followed by the Grand Annual Festival to compete for the Sword presented by H.H. Sh. Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, the Emir Father.
- تسجيل المطايا المستجدة
- تسجيل المطايا في السباقات
- متابعة نتائج السباقات